Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Shy of My Talk"


That's what Alaina said. "But I'm shy of my talk". I know what she meant was that despite all the practicing, and the fact that she wrote (and colored her own talk), she was too afraid to approach the small child-sized pulpit, look up at that huge congregation of scary primary children, and vocalize her testimony. I should have known that would happen, given on most occasions she is too gun-shy to even pray vocally in family prayer. She is much more content to wait til the quiet of her room and do it there. I guess I am ok with that. The part of me that isn't is the proud mamma part. And it isn't so important how that part of me feels as how she feels.

So we made her give her talk in Family Home evening at Mom and Dad's house. She was the star of the show there. She even drilled her audience with questions to ascertain whether they were listening as attentively as they should have been. Baby steps. For all intents and purposes she is still a baby isn't she?

0 comments: