Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 Months Old

So while I have been finding time to gripe about life. . . my life has been growing up faster than I thought possible, and ever wanted. Damon is already 2 months old! Smiling and talking so much sooner than I remember the other two reaching those mile-stones. I have tried to make sure that the moments when the smiles come and the sweet baby talk gurgles from his round little face are the moments I take to slow down and listen. I want them to be the moments I use to look in his sweet blue eyes and tell him I love him. This moment will only last a flicker of an eye lash and then the world that seems to have slowed down for a millisecond will jump back into full speed, with a forward moving momentum, much to brisk for my liking.
Alaina seems to know that fleeting is the time she has with a little brother who won't try to take over her room, steal her toys, or antagonize her for the sheer enjoyment of it all. She is a gentle and loving big sister. Damon is lucky to have her. She definitely has a maternal instinct. She has already told me that she wants to grow up to be a mommy like me, to work for Pappa like I do, and when she gets married she is going to live in the same house as me! Well I guess we'll take the good with the bad. I tell her she will change her mind about some of that, but she disagrees. But then again, when doesn't she disagree with me, and all the while she wears that sweet grin on her face. She really is getting much to skilled in the debate and negotiating forums. But no debate about it, she loves her "beautiful Damon!"
Matthew is still busier than a bee on a pollen buzz! But he finds an ocassional moment to kick it with his little bro. Tonight they tried to settle down for a private screening of "Cars" courtesy of Matt Riddle Theaters, complete with a cushy perch to view the rip roarin' movie on Matt's "Cars" bed. Damon lost interest quickly, but not before I could snap a pic of the two of them just bein' boys. Sure there are lots more nights like this to come!

He can't seem to get enough of the pool. Loves to chase the girls around the perimeter with the hose. Squeals of laughter are his end goal!! His favorite is to jump on the tramp with the girls and the hose. . . what a BOY!
Alaina, well cute as she might be, she is always always up to something. Formulating some new system of logic to convince me that she is older than 4 1/2 and that she knows better than me. Scary thing is. . . she is very persuasive!

1 comments:

Deanne said...

I've had so much fun catching up! I love the new look of your blog, too (not that I disliked the old look, mind you). Your kids are gorgeous!