Thursday, July 24, 2008

StrESseD OOuutT!


Ok. . . major distress call to all you mothers who have just as much, more, and WAY more on your plate than I do. I need some intervention. I feel like . . . ugh. . . I don't even know. I am actually stunned at all the emotions I can feel at once lately.

Elated
Deflated
Sad
Mad
Frustrated
Flighty
Grateful
Ornery
Scared
Tired
Energized
Bored
Wired

Is this post partum depression, is it number 3, is it hormonal woman syndrome? Or is it just the life of a mom and I just better get used to it (as my oh so tactful and delicate husband would say)?

I know I haven't really given much detail, but does anyone really care? I mean it is 12:30 am, two of my three just went to bed, and the youngest is still screaming. Deep down I know that when I finally fall into bed after I am done with two more hours of work (for the job I get paid to do) and the morning comes it will be a new day. . . but of what? More of this. Yikes ! I need a pedicure! a cruise, a break, or is it a pill I need.

So please give me some advice, a web-based slap in the face . . ."Snap out of it and don't get Stuck in The Moment" attention-getter. Or a pat on the back, "I know how you feel, but snap out of it" tender talking to. You decide . . . but I need to feel heard!

4 comments:

ffguymon said...

Just remember we all love you! Read the visiting teaching lesson for July. Sister Tanner reminds us to remember we are all a child of God. I saw a picture many years ago of a forlorn little boy witht he caption underneath that "God didn't make junk"! The memory of that picture and those words have stuck with me for years. He loves us all. There will be better days ahead and remember how mcuh we love you.

Jodi said...

I remember feeling exactly like that! I have since learned that you HAVE to take time for yourself - even with a two month old - even if it's for only an hour or so. It's so much harder than it sounds - and I think I learned it a little too late - and I'm still working on it! So get out and go for a walk, go to the mall with your mom, go get a pedicure, whatetver - just take a little time for yourself and you'll feel much better! Promise!

Deanne said...

I'm not sure what it is, or if it even needs a name, but I assure you it's normal (at least I hope it's normal because I certainly have days like that, too). I'm just sorry I didn't see this post earlier--not that I've helped at all, but sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone.

denise @ little ant design said...

Sorry for my late reply to this post.

What you are feeling is totally normal and not very fun. I had my worst go at the "baby blues", "depression", "inability to cope",whatever you want to call it after my 3rd child. Honestly there were some days that I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the day without losing my mind. The tears flowed a lot, my voice was loud and unkind, and I was incapable of doing simple tasks.

FInd time to do something for yourself. Exercise is probably the best medicine for times like this but unfortunately it tends to be the last thing we want to do when we feel so out of sorts. I do think that the exercise can help clear our minds and allow our body to handle some of the crazy emotions.

Maybe just find a quiet time and spend 20 minutes reading or meditating. Work on some crafts, call a friend, write in a journal.

The feelings do eventually pass sometimes on their own and sometimes with help. Hope you are feeling better soon!