Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dahl Family Reunion


So here's to families! I couldn't believe how many people showed up! The family reunion was a lot of fun. Good to see so many who we haven't seen in too long. When I think of how much family we have, how many people there are that love us, love me, just because, I can't help but thank Heavenly Father for them. We filled a park! All those people bound together as a wonderful family. It was awesome. Can't wait til the next one.

Our family is great at having fun. Pranks and laughs abound when we get together. I have always secured myself safely on the sidelines, the timid side of me coming out I guess. But looking at these pictures I am realizing that I am most probably missing out on a lot. My family has done a lot though to pull me out of my shell, but I still struggle a bit to join the fray.
But aren't they beautiful. (Alli and Tessa)
Uncle Bruce usually instigates these good natured wars. . . in this case a water war. He is a patient and worthy opponent. Silent yet deadly (in more ways than one, hee... hee!) And is he ever determined. But with all that enthusiasm and dedication to making all those who oppose him suffer, he also has an uncanny way of declaring each scuffle in his favor (even when he has obviously lost). This day Alli fell to his devices. But it was a hot summer day and the cold water was refreshing I am sure, and even if she was a bit soggy, she was definitely a good sport.

During the slower times of the day, which were much appreciated by all I am sure, we sat and visited with family. Since we gathered in such a large number it was easier and natural for little clusters of smaller families to form, sitting on blankets, under the shade of the large leafy trees, napping, snacking, and being goofy. What better way to spend your time?
So can't wait till the next one! Till then. . .keep safe, and don't get too wet!

1 comments:

shawna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.