Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

K. . . gonna try to start a new thing here in an attempt to get more comments on my blog. That is the fun of all this anyway don't you think. Don't you ever find yourself logging on just to see how many people have stopped by, hoping beyond all hope that they took a few minutes to actually read and then leave a note, a mindless or thoughtful response? I do! So I am inviting all ya all to leave a comment for Thankful Thursdays wherein you leave a comment expressing your gratitude for ONE (COUNT IT ONE)certain someONE, someTHING, someTIME, or somePlace. Can be something that you have been grateful for for a long-time, or a short-time or a right-now-in-the-moment-time folowed by a brief or lengthy explanation.

Every Thursday come on by. I must admit that I am also in a bit of an "I-need-to-be-more-grateful-time" myself and this is one mechanism I am employing to help me in this endeavor.

So for me on this fine Thursday I am thankful for BOGO at Payless. I just got a pair of boots for $2.50, and a pair of cute slide on's for Alaina for $4.50. How can you beat that? And with how annoyingly fast little kid's feet grow you need shoes to be dirt cheap. Yippee!

5 comments:

Cari Dahl said...

I am thankful for old roommates who drop by without warning, monopolize your evening, and yet remind you why life is worth living anyway.

Harward Happenings said...

Great idea Shawna. I've gotten kind of lazy with thankful stuff. I am thankful one more townhouse showing is over and my house is clean as a result.

ffguymon said...

I am thankful for sunshine! After the cold weather and gray skies we experienced last weekend, it is a welcome sight.

Jodi said...

What a great idea...we just had our family home vening lesson on gratitude so it's been on my mind this week.
I am grateful for the changing seasons! The Utah mountains are BEAUTIFUL and even though it's getting colder...its my favorite season of the year!

Denise Dahl said...

I am thankful for my family. It is so nice to have them so close by. I know I can count on them to brighten my day!