Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gangsta SPT



Just as a disclaimer. . . this picture is horrid! But Alaina wanted to take a pic of mommy at Josh's wedding, and she loves the gangsta pose. So there you have it. Not very flattering.


The wedding on the other hand, was awesome. It was a beautiful day for December 20th. . . where else but AZ could you have a nice outdoor wedding in the middle of the winter?
Sometime I will get around to putting up some pics of the wedding cake I made for the occassion. Amanda was sweet enough to make me feel like I was capable, and it didn't turn out half so bad! What the heck. . . Here's a pic. . .

It was very very simple. Haven't had the time to work much on my skills. But I am looking forward to the next chance I get to make a cake. I remember the night before after I put the first layer of frosting on the lower cake. I put enough on to keep the pesty crumbs from showing themselves on the white frosting. I put it in the fridge to set the icing before I put the next layer on. When I went back to get the cake out. . . it came tumbling out. . . landed completely upside down on my kitchen floor. Which is where I found myself split seconds later (well not upside down). Chuck quickly snapped me out of my despair and helped me get it up off the floor. He saved my bacon. . . and the cake turned out beautiful and none the worse for it's topple!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Love the gangsta pose and love the cake - you did a great job!

Kaycie said...

The cake looked amazing, I know that Amanda and Josh really appreciated it!! I remember when Alaina took that picture of you. How cute!

Renee said...

Great job on the cake! Wish we could have come and seen you guys. We will see you soon I hope.