Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Round These Parts

. . . we're in survival mode. Well have been for the last several months. Thus the long absence. Chuck logged on to read my blog the other day and was amazed it had been so long too. I think he sometimes assumes the the cluttered home and 2 day old laundry still sitting in the washing machine is a result of my web surfing. Which by the way hasn't been something I have enjoyed in FOREVER! He quickly assured me he was not assuming anything, rather the picture that heads my blog was explanation enough.

See, for a while I have been teetering at the edge of that line. Seemingly against the will of my children, my job, my body, etc. And while my body is bent over that line backward like a wet noodle, my feet are miraculously still planted on this side of sanity.

And my kids are happy, my paying job is still largely neglected, and I am always and forever indebted to my husband who comes home from long tedious teenage tending days to make us dinner.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Glad to have you back in the blogging world...missed you!

Harward Happenings said...

I'm so bummed I missed more Shawna time while you were here. You're awesome and all I can say is keep plugging along. I think in the mommy world (and me without even trying to keep a paying job) as long as your kids are fed and happy everything else can be gotten to when it gets gotten to. (This philosophy explains the constant wreck my house is.) And thanks for the update! I missed hearing about what was going on with you.