Friday, September 14, 2007

And We're Off!

So I'm thinking I'm OFF my Rocker for even thinking I am going to be able to pull this off. Flying alone with my two very stir crazy children for three 1/2 hours. But it will be fun after the nightmare of flying is over! Alaina is super-excited; she had so much fun packing her "buffle bag" only to unpack it and put all the contents into a smaller suitcase which she loved zipping and unzipping over and over again. And she is quite the packer! I think I counted at least 4 pairs of shoes fly into the bag, at least a dozen pair of underwear, only 2 pair of socks (I will have to remedy that, who knows, maybe she was planning on wrapping the excess underwear around her feet?), a swimsuit, a dress, 2 pairs of pants, shorts, 4 books, and 4 stuffed animals. She wasn't very happy when I vetoed all the stuffed animals. She insisted that we needed to take some to share with "our friends". I assured her that they would have plenty to play with and that she could only take her favorite one. And we all know that Chaino will be her loyal companion. Later in the evening she wanted to start tossing food in her baggage. Peaches, bread, cereal. "Mom, do they have peaches. Can we pack peaches?" She doesn't even eat the fuzzy fruit! I once again assured her that Emily would have everything we needed, she didn't need to pack the pantry. So cute. . . and so excited.

We are leaving Chuck behind to watch on my brother and sisters while Mom and Dad are soaking up sun and scuba diving in Maui. And HOPEFULLY Chuck will have paperwork to finalize a sale on our house to work on as well. I have decided I absolutely destest the home selling process. Aside from the manic attempts to keep the house absolutely spotless all the time, I hate the yo-yo of emotions and expectations. We have had a couple people fall through on us that we were really sure we shoe-ins. But who knows, maybe this one will really pan out after all. Chuck and I both had the feeling that something would happen while I was gone, but we shall see.

So we ARE off, and it will be an adventure! I can't wait to see Em! Till then. . . . !

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Good luck on the traveling. I hope you have a fabulous time!

Jodi said...

Sounds like you are all ready to go! I will be crossing my fingers for you that something happens with your house!
And I may need to borrow your daughter to help me pack sometime. It seems like I always forget something and it sounds like she doesn't let anything go unpacked!