Friday, September 28, 2007

One More

I debated for a while. Couldn't decide if I was ready to share this new thing. But, like with most exciting and good things, I have found it just bursting forth from within me. So here is to one more. One more bout of morning sickness. One more exercise routine mildly altered. One more round of new clothes and indegestion, and leg cramps. One more exhilarating experience of new life growing inside, depending on me to be strong and healthy so it can enter the world with the strength of robust new life. One more chance to share the sacred process of life with the Powers that sustain us from day to day. One more blessed opportunity to contemplate the addition of one more to our family.

I didn't know if I was ready yet. The Lord knew. I didn't know if our family was ready yet. The Lord knew. I didn't know how I would feel. Now I do. Joyful, excited, humbled, greatful, anxious. And all these feelings could no longer be held at bay.

So come June our little family of 4 will be joined by one more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! One more will always be a good number. Here's to a healthy and smooth pregnancy and kids who will let you sleep in a few mornings during the next several months. Thinking of you!

Jodi said...

Congrats! You are a great mom and I'm sure this new little one will be the perfect addition to your great little family!

F&FGuymon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
F&FGuymon said...

Congratulations!!! I am excited to add one more to my collection of sweethearts - otherwise know as my darling grandchildren!

Deanne said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad He knows when we're ready. I can't wait to hear about the journey!

Michael Riddle said...

This is tremendous! I know that Chuck had one of those "feelings". The number of red-headed people is dwindling. Your contribution will slow the process. :)

The Lord knows how to bless our lives.

Cari Dahl said...

Congratulations Shawna! How exciting! Your kids are just adorable, so one more is good news for the world at large. :)