Monday, September 10, 2007

What DO My Kids Like To Eat?

So my dear friend Emily called last night in anticipation of our visit to her home in Sartell, MN, wanting to know what my kids like to eat so she can stock her pantry and fridge in our behalf. Aside from the fact that she is the best hostess in the world, the request left me a little speechless. What do I tell her? What do kids like to eat. Of all the dishes and meals what makes the list? Well I will tell her this. . . not much. So it should be easy right?:

Matthew: (in order of meal)

1. Strawberry Milk
2. Strawberry Milk
3. Strawberry Milk. . . .
4. Frosted Flakes (w/strawberry milk. . . No Just Kidding!)
5. Yogurt (prefferably of the strawberry variety)
6. Oatmeal
7. Pizza
8. Turkey Sandwiches (w/ lettuce, tomato, and mayo, on a white bun with sesame seeds - Quiznos Specialty)
9. Cheese and Chicken Quesadillas (with lots of hot salsa)
10. ANY variety of cheesie chips (Dorritos, Cheetos, Sun Chips, etc)
11. Strawberry Milk
12. Strawberry Milk
13. Strawberry Milk
14. Spaghetti with a dab of spicy spaghetti sauce
15. Mac and Cheese (i haven't tried putting salsa in that, be he would prob. like that too)
16. Cranberry Chicken (the ONE recipe I get right every time. . . it is soo yummy. . . look at my Kitchen Katastrophe entry for the recipe in the near future)
16. Barbecue Sauce, sometimes with chicken, but not required!
18. Broccoli
19. Corn (on the cob)
20. Green Beans (Guymon Grown! of course. My mother in law grows beans to die for!)
21. Stuffing
22. Grapes, Cantelope, Strawberries
23. Strawberry Milk
24. Strawberry Milk
25. Strawberry Milk

Alaina:

1. Cold Water with Ice
2. Chocolate Milk
3. Juicy Water (Powerade Option drinks)
4. Soda (yes, report me to Child services. . . I let her drink my diet pepsi!)
5. Tasty Cheerios (HoneyNut Cheerios)
6. Rabbit Poop (Grandpa's grotesque nomenclature for Cocoa Puffs)
7. Tiger Cereal (Frosted Flakes, in the Frosted Flakes bowl with Tony the Tiger's face on the bottom)
8. Pizza
9. Spaghetti (no sauce, unbroken nooodles. . . as long as I can get them)
10. Broccoli Cheese Soup
11. Turkey Sandwiches (Quiznos Specialty Again)
12. Cantelope (she could eat a whole melon herself!)
13. Carrots and Ranch (but carrots are not required)
14. Green salad with Cesar dressing (a regular rabbit. . .there might be a connection to her cereal preferences?)
15. Green Beans (again Guymon Grown)
16. Broccoli
17. Frozen Corn (she gets it from me! One time she asked Nanna in bewilderment if she was going to make the corn hot as she put a bowl of it in the microwave. Silly nanna, you don't eat corn that way!)
18. Cranberry Chicken
19. Hamburgers and Hotdogs. . . only the buns though!
20. Mashed Potatos and Gravy

Maybe I will forward my list to Emily. . .but then again maybe not. . . is that rude? Anywho. . . hopefully over the years my children's taset buds will develop a fuller and more rounded palate. We can pray right?

4 comments:

F&FGuymon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
F&FGuymon said...

I am glad they like Grammie Guymon's green beans! It makes the hard work worth it!!!!

Anonymous said...

at least you have a list. I can count the things my kids will eat on my fingers! Have fun.

Renee said...

Yeah Payton doesn't really eat much. She never eats what I make for dinner. Unless it is Mac N Cheese especially for her.